Thursday, April 15, 2010

Buying is the Sincerest Form of Flattery

I like to look nice, I think I have expressed this several times on this blog. I don't like to spend much, but I do LOVE clothes. My passion is dresses....I love a dress because once you have the dress, you are basically done styling. Now there are accessories and shoes, but that is the fun part.

So today when I heard it was going to be 82 degrees, I was super pumped to pull out a cute LBD I had picked up at Ann Taylor off season for pennies on the dollar. This lovely little number has been in my closet for months, just itching to jump out and be paired with some adorable accessory and be shown off to the world.

The funny thing about my clothes is sometimes is when I think I look borderline amazing, no one says anything. Then when I think my clothes are ok, or if I have worn something a zillion times I get tons of compliments.

Today something totally crazy happened. I was standing in line at our work cafe ordering something I shouldn't have...when I heard these little squeals from behind me. I had NO idea what was going on, but I knew it had nothing to do with me.

UNTIL....the squeals kept getting louder and I felt a tap on the shoulder...."Girl...I just be loving that dress...where did you get that at...you look bad...."
There in front of me is a woman I have never spoken to before...gushing over how "bad," I look in my Ann Taylor LBD. This was all so flattering, I do love it when people like my clothes...it just makes me feel good.
I thanked the nice woman and went away to grab a drink.
Then I hear, "Hey...where did she go?"
Again, I can't imagine this comment is for me. Ahh...but it is...my squealing friend is back and this time this is the little nugget she drops on me, "I would buy that dress off of you. I mean it, if you want to sell it, I'll buy it. Remember me....I am the coffee lady."

And she was serious....she wanted to buy my dress. As with everything else that is taken to the next level these days...so is flattery....no longer can you just compliment....now you have to compliment and offer to buy!

One more thing...my admirer today was African American, which just makes me wonder when she says how "bad," I look in something...exactly how bodylicious do I look? Lord only knows....

No comments:

Post a Comment