Friday, October 22, 2010

Hands Down

A couple days ago I got a personal invitation from friend to come to her pre-garage sale, sale. Her true garage sale was going to be on Friday, but she invites folks over on Thursday night to take a preview. She mentioned bring my hubby along too...and there would be refreshments...

I honestly him hawed around on whether to go or not. I knew I would find stuff I wanted...as when I re-did my master bedroom a year or so ago...I got all of my stuff from my friends shop. But I also knew that I didn't need anything. It was finally my hubby who said...Let's go...

I am not a huge garage sale person...it's mainly another persons junk to me. Don't get me wrong, I like a bargain...but I like my bargains at MJ Maxx with yellow stickers and red stickers at Target.

But this event last night....WAS. NOT. YOUR. TYPICAL. YARD. SALE. It was a lovely party. Sure...I spent $20 on misc items I probably didn't need....except for that adorable antique bracelet....but the atmosphere...was amazing. Just mingling around...drinking a spiced punch...munching on cookies, dips, and various other goodies. A tour of my friends home that makes me want to throw all of my stuff away and let her re-decorate the whole house...And honestly, if the hubby wasn't fresh back at work...I'D DO IT! My friend PM.....is an amazing decorator...hostess...and person. I am so thankful that she thought to invite me...cause if I get another invite...I will be there early...with bells on...because HANDS DOWN...this was the best "sale," I have ever been to!

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! Glad you had fun!!

    Jewel Kade party at my house on November 21st!! Hope you can come!!

    This is really a sweet post! We enjoyed hanging out with you and the Mister!!

    Happy weekend to you!

    Polly

    ReplyDelete