Monday, July 27, 2009

Sex and Santa

This past weekend I took a road trip with my aunt, grandmother and two cousins. Needless to say, I laughed the entire way and had an amazing time. As I was trying to recount the days events to my mother who, was unable to attend, I couldn't really drill down to details that were so funny to explain why I laughed so hard, it was just the whole atmosphere.

There was however one story that was so funny that I wish I could claim it as my own. My cousin Leea, has two boys, one 10 and one 5 roughly. Leea also has a circus of animals at her homestead including large turtles. One day Leea's oldest son, Cannon came upon a male and a female turtle having an intimate moment, let's say...and then Cannon came to Leea for a bit of the birds and the bees lesson. Leea stalling for time, told Cannon to wait till his little brother Aiden was asleep and they would talk about it.

So sure enough when Aiden went down for the count that night, Cannon was right at Leea's side wanting to know some dirty details. Leea's approach was a scientific book, much to Cannon's dismay...but they did end up talking a bit and Leea then feared that Cannon would take this highly coveted adult talk to his little brother. So Leea ended she and Cannon's chat with a quick speech about how Cannon didn't need to share all his knowledge with his little brother Aiden.
Leea said, "Like for example Cannon, you don't need to tell Aiden that there isn't a Santa Claus, even though you know that."
In response Cannon wails, "What do you mean there isn't a Santa Claus Mom!!!!"

My favorite part of this story is that the 10 year old wanted to know about sex, but still believed in Santa Claus. Man...I wish I could claim this story as my own...it was just so cute!

*Maybe Cannon can ask Santa for a sex tell all book this Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I laughed out loud on this one!! Not that "the talk" isn't traumatizing enough for a child but then to find out the truth about Santa! That was one big talk for a little guy!

    ReplyDelete