Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Reservations for One Please!

In Lancaster, Oh where my husband and I have our crib, we have a 2 week festival call uniquely the Lancaster Festival...This festival hosts many different, fun events with the highlight being two weekend concerts under the stars with a relatively well known musician and a full orchestra. Some musicians in the past have included Peter Cetra, Kenny Loggins, Wynonna, Jodie Mecina, and a host of others. This year is no different, we have The Temptations performing on Saturday, July 25th and LeeAnn Womack performing Saturday August 1st.
Needless to say this is a big undertaking for a community the size of Lancaster. One of the ways Lancaster makes it work is by having local families host the orchestra members for two weeks. This year they finally got to us and we are hosting Victor, who plays the cello.

To be honest I am mostly looking forward to the experience, as we will have live music in the house for two weeks. But I do have some reservations and they follow as such:
1.) Do I have to constantly have a bra on when I walk around the house?
2.) I bet this means I cannot fart and burp at my leisure when I get home from work.
3.) Wonder how many times our crazy ass dog Bailey will pee on the floor in Victor's presence?
4.) Victor does not eat red meat, which I completely respect. However, while shopping at the grocery on Sunday for his arrival...I mostly cook red meat meals and chicken...I am going to have to get creative.
5.) I normally am quite the nosey person, does this mean I am finally getting a taste of my own medicine and Victor will go through my stuff....Will I be forced to learn my lesson?

Goodness sake...how with this turn out? And if you really want the honest truth...my biggest concern is number 2 on the list...mainly because my hubby will adjust to this and expect it on a regular basis!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment