Wednesday, May 5, 2010

An Open Apology

This is an open apology to my husband.

For those of you who don't know my hubby....he's amazing...seriously, he is! In fact, I am fairly certain that my parents like him more than me. This man is patient, more kind than is necessary (unless you run over his privates with a paw while barking at loud volumes), and is getting funnier by the day. (important stuff to me)

But most of all he is helpful....so much more than many of my counterpart's hubbies...He always wants to help me...help me clean, help me cook, help me with my bra (yikes...I digress), help me plan for a big meeting at the office, help me with my outfit for a big event...you get the picture.
The dude is HELPFUL!

Here is the problem....I don't oftentimes ask for or accept his help...What can I say, I am my mother's daughter and we do things ourselves. This is no more evident than last night, when I was attempting to bake my own biscotti, hanging a "Happy Spring," banner I made, and boil water for flowering tea. I was on a chair hanging the banner chatting with the hubby about the banner when the tea pot started whistling....In an attempt to grab the tea pot I nearly killed myself jumping off the chair to get to the kitchen...the hubby caught me and looked me in the eyes and said, "you know I can help." Point well taken, but I still made a bee line for the tea pot.

But he is right...he can help...and for this I want to apologize...Honey...I know you can help and I will get better at asking for help. I swear...just stick with me. I mean, I did just email you asking you to pull my bike down and get some items out of the car for me before you left this afternoon...See I am asking for help....DON'T SCREW UP....

1 comment:

  1. Don't believe her...I have known her for 25 year and she RARELY asks for help! This will not change about her...but is also why we love her :)

    ReplyDelete