Monday, August 10, 2009

Work Lesson # 1

I try never to write about work on this blog, because it certainly isn't about work...but here I go, breaking my own rule.

I was meeting with someone today for the first time about something that I don't usually work with. And without giving up too much info, he asked me if I knew what he did and what the meaning behind all he did, etc. I answered his questions quite well, if I do say so myself. Although he kept saying,"good answer," and "yes, that's exactly right," he kept asking me to pretend I was this and I was that, so I could better understand what he did. It was patronizing and annoying....I finally said, "I completely understand where you are going here, the examples are not necessary," in my really profession voice. I thought, you take that and stick it in your chocolate smoothie! (As we were walking back from Starbucks.)

Then I stepped out into the street and nearly got hit by on car...creditability went down to zero and the examples returned...

Drats!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment